Friday 29 March 2013

A Good Friday Good Watch

So today, we decided to watch all six of the Star Wars films.

We started at 11.30am. It is now 11.30pm and we have just started Episode 6: Return of the Jedi.

It has been a lot of fun and I'm not going to surprise anyone when I say that the original trilogy is better than the prequel trilogy. But maybe not for the reasons you think (bad acting, too much CGI, REALLY bad dialogue, heavy-handed exposition, Jar Jar Binks!).

No.

It's because I wasn't a child when the prequels came out and that is who they are squarely aimed at.  As was the original trilogy. But I WAS a child then. I wonder, if people that were children when the prequels came out prefer them and think the original trilogy is dated?

I like Star Wars. I don't LOVE it, but I do like it. My hubby LOVES Star Wars. He is one of those fans that bought the original videos. Then bought the remastered re-release videos. Then bought the DVDs. And then the blu-rays. Then we went to the cinema to see Episode 1: The Phantom Menace in 3D. I have watched this and thought:

"Madness"

But then, I own 5 different versions of Serenity in various formats, so I'm not in a position to really criticise.


No comments:

Post a Comment